GROUPBOARD/GROUPWORLD NEWSLETTER - June 2008
This is an occasional newsletter which is sent out to all registered Groupboard and GroupWorld.net customers a few times a year.
CONTENTSNew GroupWorld.net features: share individual window, drag+drop, banlist, firefox extension, webcam support.
Groupboard Designer Save as PNG.
Groupboard Graffiti Board - spraycan and calligraphy pens.
Hebrew and Arabic examples of GroupWorld.net.
New GroupWorld.net features: share individual window, drag+drop, banlist, firefox extension, webcam support.
A number of new features have recently been added to GroupWorld.net:
- The ability to share an individual window instead of the entire desktop when using the screen sharing, as well as the ability to change the update rate from the default 4 times per second.
- Drag and drop functionality, allowing you to drag images or icons directly onto the whiteboard, and then move them using the Select tool.
- The ability to edit the list of banned ip addresses.
- We have changed the mozilla/firefox plugin so that it now works as an extension, which means that GroupWorld.net is now compatible with Firefox 3.
- We have changed from using Video for Windows (VfW) to using DirectShow drivers, which means that all webcams should now be supported.
If you are using a hosted version of GroupWorld.net, you should already have all of these new features.
Groupboard Designer Save as PNG
The "Save as GIF" option in Groupboard Designer has now been changed to "Save as PNG". PNG format is much superior to GIF, and all browsers released in the last 10 years support PNG format as standard.
Want to see an interesting integration between Groupboard and Google Maps? You can see Groupboard Maps here:http://www.groupboard.com/maps/
Click on the map to place a multi-user Groupboard or text comment at that location, which other users can then see and interact with.
Groupboard Graffiti Board - spraycan and calligraphy pens
We recently created a new version of Groupboard with extra drawing tools and simplified user interface aimed at online artwork. Feel free to draw on the demo board, and if you have your own Groupboard you can easily change your html code to use this version.http://www.groupboard.com/demo/graff.shtml
Hebrew and Arabic examples of GroupWorld.net
Both Groupboard and GroupWorld.net can be easily translated into different languages, and support Unicode allowing text input in any language. We recently developed Arabic and Hebrew versions of GroupWorld.net, which you can see here:http://www.groupworld.net/hebrew_demo.html
(note that you'll need to reinstall the plugin to see all the translated strings).