GROUPBOARD/GROUPWORLD NEWSLETTER - November 2006
This is an occasional newsletter which is sent out to all registered Groupboard and GroupWorld.net customers a few times a year.
CONTENTSGroupboard and GroupWorld.net now work on Mac OS X.
ew Groupboard features: pdf/tiff upload, clickable icons and auto-backup.
New GroupWorld.net features: undo/redo, copy/paste, session recording and resizable windows.
Groupboard and GroupWorld.net now work on Mac OS X
We now have Mac OS X versions of both Groupboard and GroupWorld.net. We have recently developed a Mac OS X plugin for GroupWorld.net, which works on both Intel and PPC on Safari. You can try it out here:http://www.groupworld.net/demos.html
If you are using a monthly/annual GroupWorld.net licence, you will pick up the new version automatically. If you are hosting on your own server, contact us for details of how to upgrade.
We have fixed a number of issues in the Groupboard java code for Mac OS X and Groupboard now fully supports Mac OS X on Safari. If you are using a hosted Groupboard you will pick up the new java code automatically. If you are hosting Groupboard on your own server, contact us to upgrade.
We also have Mac OS X versions of both the Groupboard and GroupWorld.net server software.
Please contact us if you still have any issues when running our software on the Mac. Note that Groupconf (the voice conferencing module for Groupboard) does not work on the Mac. Also, there are still problems with the password window not working when using Firefox on the Mac, so we recommend using Safari.
New Groupboard features: pdf/tiff upload, clickable icons and auto-backup
We have recently added the following new features to Groupboard:
- The "upload background" window now allows you to upload single-page pdf and tiff files (they are automatically converted to png format).
- Groupboard Designer now allows you to upload clickable icons to your
board. If you are using our designer_3dlook.cgi script to access your
board, you can just upload background images that begin with "icon_", and they
will automatically appear above your board. You can see some examples here:
You can upload multiple background images (or icons) at once by putting them into a zip file and uploading the zip file.
- There is now an auto-restore function in Groupboard. If the server is rebooted for any reason, the contents of the whiteboards will be automatically restored to their previous state. If you are using a hosted Groupboard, you will have this feature automatically enabled (except for the free boards). If you are running Groupboard on your own server, contact us for details.
New GroupWorld.net features: undo/redo, copy/paste, session recording and resizable windows
We have recently added the following new features to GroupWorld.net:
- Undo/redo functions for the whiteboard, allowing you to undo multiple drawing actions.
- Optional multi-user pan for the whiteboard, which means that all users will see the same area of the whiteboard when any user pans or zooms.
- Copy/paste, allowing you to copy and paste between the GroupWorld.net whiteboard and external applications such as MS Office or paint programs.
- Session recording: you can now record entire GroupWorld.net sessions for later playback.
- All windows can now be resized by the user.
To see an online demo of the latest version of GroupWorld.net, go to:http://www.groupworld.net/demos.html
(go to the conference2.html page to see the session recording feature).